Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stop the Violence



One of my favorite people, Dr. Robert Jeffrey, Past0r of New Hope Baptist, is sponsoring a week long series of events to promote anti violence.

The events will be at 7pm on Tuesday nights all next week. Monday through Wed. different ministers from Seattle and New York will talk about stoppimg the violence.

There is also a picnic at noon on Thursday and a candle light vigil for "100 men" that night led by Dr. Jeffries.

The vigil, Thursday 19 July at 7, is a major event that the Seattle community is invited to.

As I understand folks are welcome any other night too. Friday night there will be gospel singers .. great way to celebrate Shabbat.

Tickets (I think just for Saturday) are $15 @ 206 323 4212

Saturday night there will be a gospel concert at the New Hope Baptist Church.


  • Is there a message in why this and the next post are juxtaposed?

span.fullpost {display:inline;}

4 comments:

thehim said...

Is something happening Thursday night - the 19th?

SM Schwartz said...

Sorry, I thought it was clear.

Yes, there is demonstration in support of non violence, led by Robert Jeffries.

He is a truly wonderful man. Any chance you could post this over at HA? or just come? Be great to meet you there.

thehim said...

Depending on my house situation, I may be there.

SM Schwartz said...

Lee,

let me know. Anything you can do to publicize this event (and similar things) seems to me to be a blessing.

There are a lot of hard to solve problems out there but the divide between good folks based on skin color is a waste.