Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Group Travel to Obama's Inaugueral 2009?


JAN 20 2009 ... a day that will live in US world history.
NOW is the time to get a cheap fare, to be there, to be an American once again if you share my confidence in who will be swearing an oath on a bible that day!


I am interested in organizing a group tour/party/DL session to DC celebrate the first day of the Obama era.

I did some research into costs of hotel plus airfare for the 18th of January to the 22nd, 4 days to celebrate our newly minted President!

Turns out that right now Continental has some sort of a deal underway, so air fare plus hotel may be had for anything from $400 to $1200, including hotels at Reagan, just outside of DC, and at Dulles ...

Dulles does not yet have light rail but the connections are not bad CLICKME and of course, one could use cabs or a rental car.

There are also very low prices for hotels c/ air along Metrorail in the Maryland direction.

So I spoke with a couple of agents and we could do even better if enough of us wanted to go as a tour.

If enough folks are interested, I am wiling to organize this as barb and I already plan to celebrate day one of a new era in DC! I am also talking with some folks in the Wa State Dems about working a deal with them (for those of us Obama-idealists willing to join with ordinary dems!).

You can leave messages here or contact me by email at stevesm@vasculata.com.

cartoon mashed up from a numbe rof wonderful Mike Kuckovich toons.


span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: