Monday, March 17, 2008

From Hominid Views

Electoral College MapMCain vs. HillaryElectoral College MapObama vs MCain

How can this be? IMHO Senator Clinton has now blown it. Her tactics vs. Obama have cost her the support of people like me who assumed that Ball's faults were his and not hers. Instead she has emerged as little more than his clone.

This is NOT just a matter of the negative campaigning, bad as that is. It is her obvious glee at the toughness of the campaign, the LACK of evidence that she understands what is wrong when a campaign sinks into this mire.

I am also non plussed with her lack of wonk talent. For all the hooha about BHO being less knowledgeable, on any issue I know of his campaign seems to have a more detailed, well thought out proposal. Frankly, I think all of these have as much value as a Sophomore Soc Sci 1 exam, but if you are claiming to be a brilliant statesman SOME evidence would be nice.

BTW, while I admire Darryl's approach and am no where near as knowledgeable as he is, I wold suggest folks look closely at what happens in the South. I believe the Obama campaign is targeted on exactly the Southern voters that Dean talked about four years ago. McCain has a terrible problem with these voters. To retain them he can not depanderize his statements on the Radical Religious Right and probably needs to take on a looks-like-me VEEP to retain the south. BUT, it is hard to imagine a VEEP who can appeal to the radical religious right that would not antagonize blue Collar, hispanic, and moderate Republicans. I would bet that

If McCain goes with a RRR type, he will have trouble with Wyoming, Urah, lose BHO , North Carolina, Texas, Arizona.

OTOH if he were to go with a moderate, e,g, Romney or Luger, McC will have trouble keeping S Carolina, Texas, Kansas, and even Mississippi.
So, Please Hillary ... give us all a break.

BTW, I also think BHO can take Arkansas and tennessee.
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: