Thursday, November 22, 2007

Scribblings of the Metropolitician: Weblogs


Brown Merican Living in Korea: "Us.Yimg.Com P Rids 20060821 I Ra943272348 All I have to say is that if you need a security guard to stay in business and the Israeli embassy is pissed at you – I think you need to find a different theme for your restaurant."

No, they simply found Korean claims of being a "pure" race and the Koreans sitting in bars adorned with swastikas and cute cartoon representations of Adolf Hitler, to use their word, "interesting."

Hey – if that sounds weird or disturbing or you don't like seeing "Nazi" or "Korea" in the same sentence, it's not my fault; if the American Nazi Party is interested in "racial purity and Korean society", as well as the pictures of Korean bars with pictures of Hilter and the hakenkreuze, go ask them. I just find it interesting that they find Korea's notions of racial purity "interesting." Hey – it's not every day that one's site gets linked to from the Nazis, so I thought it worth another blog entry.



//Ron Sims TV: Blackman in China//: "BlackMan N China episode 22: The Shaolin Temple 11/02/06. Way back in the sixth grade when me and Shug became friends, we thought it would be cool to study kung fu in China. Who knew we would both actually end up living here. I always wanted to go to the Shaolin temple, and now my dream has been fulfilled."

Scribblings of the Metropolitician: Weblogs: "TALKING (INTELLIGENTLY) ABOUT RACE Talking about 'race' doesn't make you a racist, anymore than talking about Nazism makes you a Nazi. And so far, both on the side of the Asian Americans whom I labeled racist as well as the web site that leverages a clear apologist argument for ideologies of racist imperialism – the strategies have been striking similar. The #2 way to defend oneself from the most serious of accusations? Call me racist for simply pointing a clear pattern of thought, racist language, or actual racial slurs. Or even set up a straw man argument to defend oneself, as the owner of Occidentalism.org did: Spot The Racist I guess I'm supposed to be the person who is making unfounded assumptions based on appearance? Or the fact that the owner or Occidentalism.org is white? Well, I guess that's how the blog owner understands it, but none of what I said about his site seems to fall into a racist pattern of thinking. I didn't make any categorical assumptions, or try to falsely interpolate what this person I don't know might be thinking. I am responding to the vast reams of material published to the world wide web, materials that ostensibly represent the opinions of the sole writer on the blog, 'Matt.' As I clearly stated from the beginning, I consider his site racist (and sex"
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: