Tuesday, May 20, 2008

KENNEDY

A source in Boston tells me this is actually a glioblastoma multiforme.

For the four cretins who seem to enjoy this, glioblastoma multiforme is not only a death sentence it is a MISERABLE way to go.

Since I do not see any reason to feed the vipers here, I will not discuss what Mr. Kennedy now faces but .. having watched friends go through this kind of death I have trouble believing that any human would wish this sort of death on any of us, or for that matter even on any animal. This is a death worthy of the morality of Dr. Mengele or of the Priest, Torquemada.

Friends with glio were one reason I became a devout atheist. Any Deity, must take resposibility for this sort of death and that Deity, He, She or It would have to be a far worse person than I am. I pray that no Deity exists cruel enough to do this to any human.

For Roger and other believers here, I hope you are right and that your prayers find the Deity you beleive in.

Like many others I am troubled by Mr. Kennedy’s origins and have a hard time thinking about Chappaquiddick and wondered if this man was made of anything more than the DNA left after the invention of his more able brothers.

I did, however, have the good fortune of spending several hours on an airplane with Mr. Kennedy. We discussed one of my favorite issues .. school reform. I learned to respect Kennedy. He was awfully kind to a stranger and taught me a lot about the balance needed in politics between idealism and the need to achieve real goals.

So, I will tell you what. Tonite is DL and I have a shit load of work to do, I wasn’t planning to make it but .. as a Bostonian, and adopted Irishman, I will be happy to buy a vrew for anyone willing tonite to drink a toast to a great man.

May you be in heaven a full half hour
before the devil knows your dead.

’Sláinte!’

span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: