Monday, October 27, 2008

Politicker WA | Inside Politics for Political Insiders

Politicker WA | Inside Politics for Political Insiders: "Washington Poll finds support for every major ballot initiative
By Bryan Bissell, PolitickerWA.com Reporter

The four major ballot initiatives up for a vote this November, I-1000, I-985, I-1029 and Prop. 1, all have positive support according to the latest Washington Poll.

I-1000, which would legalize assisted suicide based upon the same legal constraints as a similar Oregon law, leads its opponents 56-38." No surprise.

Meanwhile I-985, which seeks to reduce traffic congestion by coordinating red lights and opening up HOV lanes, leads narrowly with a 45-43 count among voters statewide.

I-1029, requiring more training for certain health care workers, leads handily, 65-20.

Prop. 1, which would increase taxes $17.9 bullion dollars to pay for mass transit, leads 50-43. Prop. 1 is certainly the most divisive measure on the ballot. It has 68 percent support among Democrats in the Puget Sound corridor, and 80 percent opposition among Republicans.

span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: