Friday, November 07, 2008

A Tale of Two Jews

My liberal friends have wrung their hands about Joe Lieberman. Now we haveanother orthodox Jew in governement as Obamas senior adviser. I suppose the right will make an issue this time.


The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan: "Could Michael Goldfarb Have Been Wrong?

A reader writes:

Don't underestimate the impact Emanuel's background is having on some people. Within hours of announcing the pick, a friend of mine--a well-educated Jewish professional who voted for McCain because of concerns about Rev. Wright and Israel--emailed me, excited about the pick. My wife's grandfather--a Florida Jew who also voted McCain for the same reason--emailed me his Wikipedia page within minutes. Emanuel's a Modern Orthodox Jew, the son of an Irgun member, and volunteered as a civilian for the IDF during the first Gulf War. His Israel credentials are every bit as impeccable as Alan Dershowitz's. Obama just calmed thousands of Jewish voters who were anxious about Israel and Iran, and sent a message to the world that he won't be a pushover in the Middle East.

I wonder how many other 'anti-Semites' Obama will be filling his White House with."

Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: