Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chirashi-Zushi at Kisaku

photo

Chirashi-Zushi at Kisaku: "'Chirashi-Zushi at Kisaku is best in Seattle!'
My client declared with a huge smile on her face as she savored her Chirashi-Zushi at Kisaku owned by Nakano-san. As many of us know, he has been one of the most popular Sushi chefs in this area since he worked at other Japanese restaurants before opening his own restaurant in 2003.

'This lunch has made me very happy,' my client said as she finished the whole thing in about 30 minutes. 'I liked all the seafood that was on it but also found the Shiitake really juicy and tasty.'

For someone like me who can't eat shellfish, I would recommend the Kansai-style Chirashi at Chiso in Fremont. I love eating Kinshi-Tamago (thinly sliced egg omelet) over Anago, Kani or vegetables.

Kansai-style Chirashi definitely reminds me of my aunt Sayo-chan's Chirashi that my relatives regarded as best and asked her to serve it at some occasions such as Oshogatsu or New Year's. She sometimes made it on a whim and had it deliver to us. The aroma of vinegar and sugar hinted us that it was Sayo-chan's Chirashi when it arrived at the door. My brother and I used to say, 'Sayo-chan's Chirashi is best!' I wish I had one more chance to eat it again someday before she gets too old."

Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: