Thursday, July 05, 2007

Mike Webb replies after his death



Mike Webb, before he died, created a website as a parody of Blatherwatch. The site is here.

The whole story of Mike Webb and Mike Hood is too sad to relate. Michael, a Seattle writer and editor of a blog on talk radio,took it in himself to harass Mike Webb as the talk host went from a leftisj gayish talk show host on the radio to a sad and confused figure, committing a minor felony, being fired from KIRO, ending up stabbed death in his own crawl space. A sad and sadder story of fall from grace. Webb's faux site typifies and exposes some of the pain he must have felt from Michael Hood's barbed attacks. Not Hood's fault either ,, more like the universal guilt story of a post WWII German drama. Durrenmatt must have written the script.

BTW, I wanted to post a picture of Mike, but first decided not to. Webb hated having his image public. Indeed a lot of what seemed to upset Webb was the efforts by Hood to photograph Mike Web as a defendant during the trial. I posted an image of his blogger nemesis, Mike Hood, along with the picture (from Michael Hood's website) of Webb at a debate. I like the debate image because it conceals Webb's face but shows the man in his glory .. inciting talk.

From Blatherwatch: a celebration will be held this Saturday.
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

10 comments:

Mike Barer said...

My hope and prayer is that the authorities work dilligent to solve this tragedy.

Anonymous said...

I wish you would relate the whole story, if you have it, Steve. Webb's hideous ending as a victim of murder doesn't mitigate his actions to victimize and harass others. He and Hood had a "fair and balanced" long-standing dispute...each had, and used, their available resources to bring the other to public attention. I think you are doing Webb a disservice by characteriing his hilarious parody as anything other that. He could crow as well as he could eat it. He was definitely a "worthy opponent" (apologies to Carlos Castaneda...)

Anonymous said...

Jeez, Stephen, this isn't really a participatory blog, is it, if readers' comments aren't posted? You might as well delete this "Leave a comment" feature if this is simply a personal opinion blog...

SM Schwartz said...

Fremont

My apologies. I would like more comments and had been intending t reset the moderation toggle. Let me know if this works better.

Anonymous said...

Yep, it was a good toggle..,thanks!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I love your Durrenmatt reference...it makes one want to crawl outta the web, power everything off, sit on a stack of newspapers and reread those favorite books we've been saving...

SM Schwartz said...

Funny how things stick with you. I read FD in college, seemed like a chore then but it has stayed with me all these years. I liked Mann, Borchert, as well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was college for me, too...I don't recall
Borchert, but I will google him (her? Most unlikely), and maybe we can have some literary dialogue...

Mike Barer said...

Mike Webb was not a friend of Israel, however in our angry e-mail exchange that I referred to in my blog, I insinuated that he was Anti-Semetic which he insisted that he wasn't.

SM Schwartz said...

For better or worse, on most issues, Mike was a hard line, doctrinaire liberal.

His thinking on Israel was certainly not anti semitic except to the extent hat anyone who does not understand the relationship of Israel needs to suggest another solution to Hitler.

Unfortunately, we do not today recognize antizionism as a kind of bigotry in tis own right. Imagine someone today being opposed to full equity of African Americans but claiming not be antiblack.