Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Clintons Fall

Like many Americans I never gave a damn about Bill's salacious episodes. This really did seem like a Reprican trick. Then, as afr as HRC was concerned, I have always assumed that these were two adults in love and that she was uttlert above the issue.

I no longer believe that. Her underhanded campaign is bad enough. BUT add to that this sort of self serving deception and I am frightened about her in the WH.

The number one thing we all are going to need in a new President is truthfulness. We need to trust what he or she says. Unfortunately, thanks in large part to the Clintons, the three survivors in thsi TV reality show have all pandered to the point where one must read between the lines to know where they stand on critical issues. So, all have been damaged but none as much as the dynamic duo.

I ask myself, if the President appears on TV to tell me we need to invade Iran, who will I believe? If she tells me we need a massive tax increase and fiscal cutback, where do I go with that? When Obama reneges on NAFTA, as he will, do I believe him? When McCain reneges. or finally deiofnes, "victory" in Iraq .. will I believe him?

Hillary and Bill are literally the pair who called wolf too often.



First Read - msnbc.com: "Bill: 'I'm not going to play your games'
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:48 AM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Clinton

From NBC/NJ's Mike Memoli and NBC's Mark Murray
At the Jewish Community Center in Pittsburgh this morning, Bill Clinton took questions from local press after shaking a lot of hands. NBC/NJ asked him about the WHYY radio interview in which he said the Obama camp was playing the race card. Below is full transcript of the back-and-forth:

NBC/NJ: “Sir, what did you mean yesterday when you said that the Obama campaign was playing the race card on you?”

CLINTON: “When did I say that, and to whom did I say that?”

NBC/NJ: “On WHYY radio yesterday”

CLINTON: “No, no, no. That’s not what I said. You always follow me around and play these little games, and I’m not going to play your games today. This is a day about election day. Go back and see what the question was, and what my answer was. You have mischaracterized it to get another cheap story to divert the American people from the real urgent issues before us, and I choose not to play your game today. Have a nice day.”

NBC/NJ: “Respectfully sir, though, you did say …”

CLINTON: “Have a nice day.” [continues shaking hands with"

Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: