Friday, April 18, 2008

Obama post Clinton


Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.

Over a year ago I outlined the strategy for BHO. He has followed it closely so maybe I am correct?

I think his next target is the religious right. There is, I believe, a lot more liability in this group of Rs then most folks understand.

If I am right, BHO will:

a. choose a running mate who is acceptable to the believers. This rules out Hillary but maybe not Pellosi.
b. Give a speech , perhaps THE nomination speech, on the relationship of religion to the state. He will shock some libs by committing to funding FBOs and proposing ways religious private schools can work with the public schools.
He will also rail against religious suppression in Muslim and communist countries. BUT he may also have a muslim speak at the convention … a “save my faith” talk?
c. He will make a showy visit, /c ministers, to Black and White chiurches across the country. NOT including the radical religious.
d. he will identify the protestant work ethhic, Jewish commitment to education, Catholic commitment to Mary’s compassion etc (/o openly stereotyping anyone) to national service.
e. He will propose a Mormon like period of national service for all Americans, linking his idea to the Mormons.

04/18/2008 at 9:35 am
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: