Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am just a Jew.

Puddy,

I am a just a Jew.

Meyers Blitz-Lexikon which divides The Europeans people types into: Mediterranean race, Nordic race, Armenoid race, Afghans (Irano-Afghan) race, Alpine race, Dinaric race, East Baltic race, Turks race, and Bedouins (Arabid race).


I have no idea what this is all about. Sounds oike something the Nazis concocted.

I do know something about ancestry from genetics. I know, for example, that MOST Europeans trace to founders about 8-10k years ago but those folks, the Celts?, found folks already living in Europe who may have looked a lot more like you than like them.

Me? the origins of semites is about 10k. But, there is no doubt that them ancestgerfs iof mine were themnselves of African origin and later encounteres folks with the same ancestry as the early Europeans.

BTW same is true for most "Africans." The oldest Africans, the 'san, have been overwhelmed by folks from Nigeria about 19k years ago. OTOH, Ethiopeans and Yemeni are pretty much Semites unldess your racial radar (ta-radar?) can somehow see Nigeria in the faces in the Injera shops here.

I am, of course aware, that folks assign "race" by appearance. In some cases this makes sense. Eg it would be astonishing to find ouit that Michelle Obama did not have African ancestors because her features are so similar to others from their origin. OTOH, BHO ... looks like lots of folks, perhaps because he has Euro and African roots but also because East Africa has been a genetic melting pot for millenia. Of course I KNOW he ,looks just like me!(Another reaosn for LEARNING to read the genome instead of the Torah!).

I have no real idea what R considers herself to be in terms of race, though I know what she looks like and I have a good idea of her culture. She certainly could be pure "Aryan" ... that uis Indian. Did you know that many south Indians have "genes" from Africa? R and BHO could easily be cousins.

Is it hard to understand why this is so? Does this make Ghandi "Black?" Screwing around is not something new to Senators from holier than thou Christian states . BTW, did you know that two of Sally's Hemmings kids passed over into being "white?' Lots of "white" southerners can lay cliam to having had their ancestors enslaved.

I object to the use of terms like "white" and "black" unless a person both looks the part and is culturally of that sort. The idea that we can figure out a person's culture from her nose shape and skin color is absurd.

As a jew, I know that when I came to Seattle you and I would have been refused the right to lkive in Broadmore .. that sign ooutside "restricted" the damn place to white folks. So someone did nto think I was white.

Me? I know I "look" white. That is a MAJOR reason I often where a kippah. FWIW I have good reason to believe that my ancestry is at least 50% semitic and likely a lot more. I was called kike and nigger growing up so the term "white" seems innappopriate.

Maybe, my friend, I am just a Jew?
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: