Friday, June 19, 2009

Pre: 1000 3rd party apps within a month - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums

Pre: 1000 3rd party apps within a month - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums: "I think one issue with apps for the pre may be that the pre is really not an iPhone. The function more closely resembles .. dare I say this? .. a palm sized netbook!

Obvioulsy one can use an iPhone this way too but marketing is a big part of how we see things. My netbook and my pre seem to me to be very similar in function.

If I am correct, then the 'way to go' for pre apps will be into the clouds. That means there may be quite new apps or adaptations of existing web based apps that make the pre's web based integration central to their function. Such 'webapps' or ''cloudlets' could be as big a deal for Palm as visicalc was for the Apple II."

span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: