Friday, August 28, 2009

HorsesAss.Org » Blog Archive » Don’t Run, Ed, Don’t Run

Carl Ballard posted at HA that he hopes Ed Murray does not run because Murray would take vortes from McGinn.

Great thread and it shows in great comments! Tx

My take:

If Ed had run, I would have enthusiastically supported him as a candidate.

As for M(allahyan)'s use of his own funds, I suggest you get used to this. Our system is based on someone with deep pockets financing campaigns. Even Obama had far more money from big donors than small donors.

The real issue with Mallahan is that he has run not told us anything about how he would accomplish his goals other than by being a good manager. Mayors hire managers. Mayors need to be politicians.


McGinn is less impressive to me than he is to you, but I have not met him. I worry that a number of his positions, even where I agree with them, have no "meat on the bones." We have real problems and slogans will not solve them. I hope he will now tell us what he actually would do.

What Ed would bring to this is his intelligence, his experience as a politician, and a broad base of support in Seattle. This is pretty much what you are saying too?

The problem is that, in a three way campaign each of us would need to decide whether a vote for Ed was a vote against our second choice. For that reason I hope Ed does not run.

Assuming Murray does not run the M&M candy-dates will have to come out of their shells and tell us a lot more about what they really stand for.

That would be a unusual o0pportunity for citizens to make a decision.

The death of the traditional media would also offer an oppening to expand the influence of blogs!
span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: