Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hillary.com having troubles meeting expectations



Protecting Hillary: Bill Clinton Severs Business Ties With Billionaire Buddy Burkle - Politics on The Huffington Post: "Protecting Hillary: Bill Clinton Severs Business Ties With Billionaire Buddy Burkle"

Clinton denies White House run is in trouble: "Hillary Clinton on Friday denied her White House campaign was in disarray, despite sliding poll ratings and an uproar sparked by an aide who questioned her rival Barack Obama's drug history.

'If I had listened to ... the Washington chattering class, I would not be standing here would I?' Clinton told reporters, as controversy and reports of campaign turmoil swirled around her 2008 presidential bid.

'I believe in trusting my own instincts. I feel very, very good about the case that I am making.'

New signs of fragility for the former first lady came just 20 days before Iowa holds first state votes for a Democratic nomination that Clinton seemed to have in her grasp just a few months ago.

She has endured six weeks of woe, battered by a shaky debate performance in Philadelphia, accusations that her campaign was planting questions at her events and the Obama drugs slur.

In a determined press conference, Clinton promised a 'mad dash' towards the caucuses, starting this weekend with a five-day chopper tour or 'Hilo-copter' blitz through all the midwestern's state's 99 counties.

A day after personally saying sorry to Obama over the remarks by powerful New Hampshire aide Bill Shaheen, Clinton pointedly did not take several chances to say that Obama's drugs past had no bearings on his White House run."

Political Punch: "'When I was a governor and young and thought I was the best politician in the Democratic Party, I didn't run the first time. I could have,' said Clinton referring to the 1988 campaign he ultimately decided to sit out. 'I knew in my bones I shouldn't run. That I was a good enough politician to win, but I didn't think I was ready to be president.'

(Historians may take issue with that explanation as to why Bill Clinton didn't run. The reason they cite is that coming off Gary Hart's 1987 'Monkey Business' scandal, those close to Clinton cautioned him that his personal life would be dissected and probably wouldn't withstand the scrutiny -- which would harm his beloved then-7-year-old daughter. Read more here from David Maraniss's First In His Class or from Carl Bernstein's A Woman In Charge.)

ABC News Political Director David Chalian watched the Charlie Rose interview and writes: 'This interview was remarkable and perhaps quite telling about the mood within the Clinton world at the moment. I'm not sure that Bill Clinton did anything in this interview to advance his wife's cause. He appeared quite tense and almost pissed off that Barack Obama is running for president.'

Chalian continues: 'The Bill Clinton political brand about looking to the future and empathizing with the strife of the average American was nowhere to be found. He intimated"

Younger generations following Obama's lead - - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper: "Mr. Obama says he wants to be seen as a candidate like John F. Kennedy, who became president in 1960s leading a youth movement of voters who eventually marched for civil rights and for ending the Vietnam War. Political observers say he's on his way.

'He is the black JFK,' said Morris Reid, managing director of the political strategy group Westin Rinehart and a former Clinton administration staffer. 'He's young, good-looking and connecting with young the same way Bill Clinton did.'"


Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.

span.fullpost {display:inline;}

No comments: